THE TARAWERA TRAIL IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!! ACCESS TO THE CAMPSITE BY BOAT ONLY!!!
This naturally formed campsite is situated in an unique and remote area surrounded by native bush and breathtaking scenery with natural hot springs under the sand providing a warm relaxing swim.
The campsite has 30 pegged campsites of various sizes. It has toilet facilities and a cooking area.
Know Before You Go:
* Campsite is only accessible via Boat or the Tarawera Trail.
* No fresh running water!
* No Dogs allowed in areas administered by DOC in the Rotorua area, for more info please click here
* Fires are not permitted at any time
* Gas or Thermal cookers ONLY
* The Tarawera Trail takes approximately 4.5 - 5 hours to walk.
* A printed or electronic copy of your booking confirmation must be presented on arrival
* Zero tolerance for excessive alcohol
* No Generators to be taken to HWB
* Be considerate to other campers - No excessive noise after 10pm
To enjoy this wonderful area please view the site map and book via our calendar below.
ADULTS: $13 per nights CHILD (5 - 17 years): $6.50 per night INFANT (0 - 4 years ): Free
If you require more information or would like to book for a large group, please contact our office.
Hot Water Beach Campsite is located at Te Rata Bay on the southern arm of Lake Tarawera.
P: +64 7 362 8080