This naturally formed campsite is situated in an unique and remote area surrounded by native bush and breathtaking scenery with natural hot springs under the sand providing a warm relaxing swim.
The campsite has 30 pegged campsites of various sizes. It has toilet facilities and a cooking area.
Know Before You Go:
* Campsite is only accessible via Boat or the Tarawera Trail.
* No fresh running water!
* No Dogs allowed in areas administered by DOC in the Rotorua area, for more info please click here
* Fires are not permitted at any time
* Gas or Thermal cookers ONLY
* The Tarawera Trail takes approximately 4.5 - 5 hours to walk.
* A printed or electronic copy of your booking confirmation must be presented on arrival
* Zero tolerance for excessive alcohol
* No Generators to be taken to HWB
* Be considerate to other campers - No excessive noise after 10pm
To enjoy this wonderful area please view the site map and book via our calendar below.
ADULTS: $13 per nights CHILD (5 - 17 years): $6.50 per night INFANT (0 - 4 years ): Free
If you require more information or would like to book for a large group, please contact our office.
Hot Water Beach Campsite is located at Te Rata Bay on the southern arm of Lake Tarawera.
P: +64 7 362 8080